I got to share in a part of a dream last Saturday night. Lindsay was dancing at the Winspear Theater in Dallas. It is a beautiful theater. She was dancing Seranade...a beautiful ballet. It was all breathtaking, really.
Like so many little girls. Lindsay started ballet before her 4th birthday. She wore a baggy leotard and had her hair in pigtails. We had a lot to learn about ballet etiquette. What began in that little studio in Vermont grew to something none of us expected. Many of us have things that we enjoy doing. Some would even say we love our activities. For Lindsay we have watched her love of ballet grow to so much more than that.
For her, dancing is as essential as breathing. For her the beauty of ballet is exhilarating and can also bring her to tears. She cannot imagine her life without it. I can't imagine her life apart from it. I drove her to that first ballet class all those years ago where she would discover the gift of dance that God had for her. We really never expected that this would grow from something fun to something she loved to a true passion. I love seeing God's plan for her life unfolding. Because really after I drove her to that first class it was all out of my hands.
my SWEET lil' sis is ONE beauty of a ballerina!
ReplyDelete